About Our Rental Program
Learn more about our Band and Orchestra Instrument Rental Program.
Cassandra Strings has designed our band and orchestra rental programs with all ages and levels of ability in mind. Our orchestra and band program serves school districts and educational programs throughout the Chicagoland area. We work closely on an individual basis with music educators and stock the necessary accessories and method books teachers require for all their students. After many years of working with local school music programs, we have concluded that providing a beginning student with a quality, like new, instrument creates pride in their musical studies. This is an essential factor in their success and development as a musician.
We have also taken a unique approach to making ownership easy. At any time, 100% of all your rental payments (excluding maintenance fees and sales tax) can be applied to the purchase of a like instrument from our shop. All instruments, both rental and sales, are maintained by our workshop and are guaranteed to be in top playing condition.
See how we can help start you on your musical journey.
Orchestra Instrument Prices:
Band Instrument Prices:
Our Rental Program Includes:
- Stringed instruments are either German, Romanian, or equivalent quality in sound and craftsmanship.
- Band instruments are either Pegasus, Yamaha, Bundy, Jupiter, Blessing Gemeinhardt or equivalent quality in sound and craftsmanship.
- All bows are strung with natural horsehair and regularly re-haired in our shop.
- Violins are set up with four fine tuners, Thomastik or Pirastro violin strings, Helicore viola, Prelude cello & Helicore Orchestral bass strings.
- Band Instruments include two reeds (1 for the oboe) or a mouthpiece.
- All necessary beginner accessories, including shoulder pad, rosin, rock stop, reeds, oils, etc., at a substantial discount.
- Trade up from size to size at any time. There is no charge to switch to the next size.
- Loaners are available.
- The maintenance fee covers loss by theft, non-negligent damage, bow re-hairs, single broken strings, and adjustments.
- Free replacement of single broken strings as part of the maintenance program .
- Month-to-month rental
- Each renter will have a portion of their rental payments applied to the purchase of a brand-new instrument from Cassandra Strings. 100% of all rental payments (excluding M&R and late fees) can be applied to purchasing a new, full-size instrument for our showroom. (ex violin rental to violin purchase). Credit from multiple rental accounts can not be combined to purchase a single instrument. Rental credit will be available for 30 days after the return of the rental instrument. After which it will be forfeited. See video below for more info.
Matched Credit Rental Purchase Example:
- We will accept trade-ins from the original owner of instruments purchased from Cassandra Strings. Instruments will be credited at 100% of the purchase price towards a like instrument of greater value, minus a reconditioning fee. Trade-in instruments in need of repair will be charged accordingly.
- Financing is available for those who qualify.
- Included is a one-year warranty at the time of purchase.